I’ve been tagged by Marie (a good friend of Amanda and one of her bridesmaids) to list 10 things that make me happy. So, here they are in no particular order (well, maybe after the first four):
- Tommy–he is truly my best friend. Good thing too since we spend so much time together. He very rarely grumbles when I ask him to turn the truck around so I can take a picture or when we’re driving in the mountains and I tell him to drive in the middle of the road. :)
- Amanda–and through her, Evan. They are so much fun to be with!
- Hall–and through him, Sara. I am such a lucky lady to have such a great daughter-in-law and son-in-law.
- Bubba–it’s hard to believe that he’s been with us for less than 2 years. We found him online in north Georgia soon after Beau died. He came to live with us and has made himself at home here. He is such a goofball.
- My Nikon camera–I absolutely love having my camera in my hand.It also makes me happy when people like the pictures I take.
- Road Trips–I love to travel, as long as I don’t have to fly. Getting off the interstates and seeing rural America is so very interesting.
- Friends–we are fortunate to have some really great friends. Some of these friends we see weekly and some only now and then. But no matter how often we see them, we enjoy it.
- Mountains–I’m not sure how it is that I’m a “mountain” person as opposed to a “lake” or “beach” person. But just the thought of heading to the hills makes me happy.
- Going out to dinner on Friday nights.
- My new Mahjong Set–kind of silly to be happy about a game, huh? My sister-in-law Anne gave me a beautiful wooden set. I feel like I’m “official” now that I have my own set. Thank you Anne.
- Genealogy–I have worked on my family tree since about the time Amanda was born. I love doing it and get really excited when I find something.
- Lots more things make me happy, but I’ve gone beyond 10 so I will stop now.
If Hall reads this, I would like for him to share 10 things that make him happy. I bet Sara is at the top of his list! :)